Get the right talent for the right task at the right time!
From the employer’s perspective, hiring contract workers simply makes sense in many circumstances. You’ll save some valuable time, money, expand your candidate pool, and you may even find your next key player. Contractors can staff up for short-range projects without the price tag of healthcare and other benefits with no obligation. Not to mention that in this job market some technical top talent, the true “creme de la creme”, are not easily attracted but may consider adding value on a contract basis. Sometimes this “working interview” turns into the PERFECT fit that would have never happened without this out-of-the-box approach.
The typical approach when a position opens up is to fall into the same routine: post on the same job sites, social media, and maybe call a specialized recruiter. Expand your talent pool and consider embracing the hidden talent of contractors.
Here’s a benefit breakdown of hiring contract employees:
- SPEED – You can have someone there expeditiously. It may take months to find someone permanent and the cost of the unfilled position is hard to measure. Not to mention that projects are typically done quicker with contract workers because they bring special skills and zero in on each job.
- BIG BANG FOR YOUR BUCK – Many contract professionals are working because they love to share their expertise and accept that they may be underemployed. The hourly rate may be more than a permanent employee, but the costs associated with attracting, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, etc. adds up fast!
- STAFF DEVELOPMENT – If you don’t have the bench strength with specialized skills you can incorporate contract employees on the projects to work side by side with your team to help them acquire new skills.
- FLEXIBILITY – Seasonal or cyclical demands or system implementations are perfect times to consider additional resources.
- PREVENT TURNOVER – The cost of the unfilled position can lead to other employees feeling stressed and they begin to look. You’ll also be in a position to make a good hire by expanding your candidate pool and interviewing while you have an interim in place.
- NO RISK / LIABILITY – Employees come with risks. With lawsuits on the rise, employers are being more cautious about terminating employees. Making a bad hire can be devastating for a company. If a contract employee doesn’t work out for any reason, you make one simple phone call and end the assignment without any conflict. Imagine being able address underperformance or termination with one simple phone call to us.
- WORKING INTERVIEWS – Both the employer and the employee get a chance to work together before making a long-term decision. If talent, culture, and mutual goals are being met many of these situations turn into SMART hires.If you aren’t already using contract workforce as a strategic staffing solution try it out. You will LOVE it!
Chris Carlson, Managing Director
Chris is an experienced executive in the staffing industry. She has developed operational analyses, implemented programs /compensation plans, and has assisted hundreds of firms streamline processes and upgrade the competencies of their workforce. Finding innovative ways to generate new business, isolate top talent, and build teams is her passion. She has designed and executed many successful strategic marketing /recruiting plans and promotions. Chris began her career at Aureus Group, a full-service professional recruiting firm, in 1994 and currently serves as the Managing Director of Aureus Group specializing in the Finance and Accounting, Information Systems, and Executive Leadership roles in all industries including; Healthcare Administration, Banking, Finance, Insurance, Commercial Services, and Manufacturing. In addition, Chris is a Certified Professional Consultant, and has an Executive Masters of Business Administration degree from the University of Nebraska at Omaha.